so... here at camp we are reading through a margaret feinberg book called "scouting the divine." little summary for you- the author is wanting to dig deeper in her study of the Bible, in particular 4 statements or things we see often in the Bible but don't usual stop to think about the meaning behind them: the good shepherd, land flowing with milk and honey, to harvest the fields, and abide by the vine. so to dive into the meanings behind these meanings she goes to visits an actual shepherd, a beekeeper, a farmer, and a winemaker- so far it's been really interesting to learn about some of the solid facts of actually doing these jobs and how they line up with scripture and to see more clearly what God meant when He referred to them.
today we finished up the shepherd section, and while i learned a lot and my eyes were opened to a lot of the things that go into being a shepherd a statement mrs. margaret made towards the end stuck out to me, and really gave me some encouragement in that i'm not the only one who takes a while to fully think through meanings of His work:
"As I thought back to the numerous times where God has been faithful to remind me, 'It's time to get back to the life I've given you,' I recognized that this painful lesson isn't something I learn only once and move on. Like much of the spiritual insight I found on my trip to visit a shepherd, I will need to process, apply, refine, and reapply again and again the truth of what it means to live under the guidance of the Good Shepherd. Every step of the way, I'll strive to trust God."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment